This position is responsible for the day-to-day business and basketball operations of the Connecticut Sun and other sports teams.
· Oversees marketing, advertising, budgeting and sales for all Mohegan Sun owned and partnered sports teams
· Responsible for administrative support on player contracts, negotiations, trades, etc., and P&L responsibility for all franchises
· Responsible for the hiring of all business, basketball and lacrosse operations staff
· Oversees Sponsorship and Marketing initiatives for all Mohegan Sun owned or partnership teams
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
· Bachelors’ Degree in Sports, Business, Marketing or a related field
· Four years of experience as a General Manager or Assistant General Manager with a minor or major league professional sports team
· Previous experience dealing with a professional coaching staff
· In lieu of a Degree and previously mentioned experience, eight years of experience as a General Manager or Assistant General Manager with a minor or major league professional sports team may be considered
Gillian Sports Recruiting is a job placement service for Sports Team Corporations.