This position is closed.
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics consists of more than 275 staff members and coaches and sponsors 30 varsity sports programs. These 30 programs include more than 850 student-athletes who participate in the various sports programs annually within the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA). We are currently seeking a Head Coach for our Women’s Basketball Team.
Description of Position:
The Head Coach is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Women’s Basketball program. This includes coaching and managing student-athletes, academics, recruiting, fundraising, and developing objectives and strategies for a successful program.
- Coaches team at practices and competitive events.
- Assumes responsibility for building a nationally competitive Division I program through successful recruiting and retention of high-level student-athletes.
- Collaborates with Athletic Trainers, Assistant Coach, and Strength and Conditioning Coach to design both academic year (in season and out-of-season) and summer conditioning programs.
- Proposes budgets, reconciles expenses, and proposes purchases for sports program. Operates program within the approved budget guidelines.
- In conjunction with various units within the athletic department, participate in donor meetings and events, participate in public relations activities.
- Monitor both individual and team academic performance to ensure that academic requirements are met.
- Must have highly advanced and effective inter-personal, motivational, and team leadership skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate creativity, sound judgment and decision-making, be an effective problem solver, and communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must be recognized expert in team sport and coaching principles for student-athletes.
- Must have supervisory and leadership skills to mentor and develop assistant coaching or program instruction staff.
- Collegiate level coaching experience, preferably at Division I level.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training/experience.
- Must maintain current knowledge of applicable rules and regulations of the Pacific-12 Conference, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and at all times avoid any and all violations of these rules and standards.