As the construction world continues to change one thing we hear often is “stability, I just want a position that’s stable with a long career track”. We, that’s exactly what we have with this client. They are a leading industrial real estate investment firm based in Southern California, established and managed by principals with impeccable success. Our client’s market knowledge and experience covers all industrial real estate asset classes including warehouse/distribution, flex industrial, R&D and light manufacturing. The company targets both newer and older vintage properties, single and multi-tenant projects and invests in every category of industrial property including Core, Core Plus, Value Add, and First Mortgages tied to Industrial Property.
The Construction Manager will be responsible for the design, permitting and construction of company facilities across the western US. They are looking for a high energy, "can do" individual that enjoys a fast pace and diverse workload in a dynamic environment! You will be managing a wide array of challenging projects across your territory in Southern California. Best candidates will have a solid history as a construction manager for industrial office renovations, expansions and tenant improvements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide site analysis and recommendations to real estate department and site acquisition personnel.
- Lead due diligence activities, which would include review of surveys, soils and environmental reports.
- Ensures that the construction assumptions and project risks have been identified and addressed.
- Select and supervise the design/engineering consultants from initial due diligence through site plan approval and construction.
- Reviews all drawings and make sure they conform to the company design standards.
- Develop and prepare project budgets and cost estimates. Ensure that project budget stays within budget.
- Develop schedules and maintains targeted completion dates. Understands how to manage milestones, and bring appropriate resources to challenges impacting the schedule.
- Responsible for identifying, bidding, budgeting and buyout of all required Subcontractor trades for each project.
- Client typically “self performs” it’s construction projects but at times might use a 3rd party General Contractor in which case this position would be responsible for identifying and assigning General Contractors and negotiates, recommends, and approves contracts with GC’s.
- Responsible for completion of company construction projects as assigned. Ensure that coordination and regular communication of overall project occurs between design professionals, construction, real estate and others involved in the planning and construction of company projects. Advises management of any project delays or budget challenges and identifies alternate actions to maintain schedules and budgets.
- Verifies the accuracy of Contractor's monthly application for payment and provides approval.
- Monitors all inspections or corrections required by governing agencies.
- Maintains public relations with neighbors, inspectors, GC's, subscontractors and trades persons.
- Coordinates final acceptance, inspection, and scheduling of occupancy.
- Upon completion of projects, reviews all warranties, O&M manuals, completion of the final punch list required by the contract documents.
- At least 7-10 years construction management experience in a major chain or multiple location organization for either a General Contractor or Owner's Representative - preferably overseeing ground up, renovation and T.I. for industrial projects or similar.
- Must have demonstrated experience with new and renovation type projects.
- Must possess strong project accounting skills, including budget development, ongoing project cost monitoring and large money contract management.
- Must have worked in a major corporate environment
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited 4-year University
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Strong computer skills (MS Suite office of programs including Word, Excel, Access, Project and Primavera-Expedition)
- Previous experience in a Project Management role with a General Contractor is a plus.
- $140,000 to 175,000 base salary+ bonus (stock potential) and corporate benefits
- Base depends on experience
- Bonus based on performance