Silver Spring, MD
With more than 2,200 locations nationwide, our client is the leader in their industry. The company has experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped them become an industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in the industry.
This critical role will manage a small team to support and manage elements our centralized Repair and Maintenance program and National contracts. Additionally, the Facilities Manager will be responsible for the day to day work order management of repair and capital expenditures, contracting of work, solving problems, and vendor management. This position is a hybrid Construction/Facilities position, will also manage capital projects and maintenance projects on existing properties, manage subs and GC's.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in training facilities support staff and field team on systems requirements as it relates to centralized program.
- Development of Scope of Work, cost analysis, and budget/cost projections necessary to maintain company's assets in accordance with acceptable standards related to areas in the PS Centralized Facilities Department (HVAC, Roofing, Fire Systems, etc.).
- Vendor Management (Proposals, expectations, cost, quality, schedule, finding new vendors)Manage a small team of hourly associates who are responsible for HVAC, Fire Systems and demand Roof repairs.
- Partner in the development of National Preventative Maintenance and Recurring Maintenance contracts and agreements.
- Dispatching work request and tracking completions.
- Track expenditures on repairs and maintenance services.
- Ongoing monitoring/processing of all property system work request.
- Provide systems and data reporting support for field team (Operations and Facilities.)
- Problem resolution and critical planning regarding R & M and Capital projects.
- Provide emergency response as needed.
- Responsible for providing customer service to all properties through detailed diagnosis and resolution to maintenance issues.
- 5 years or more of technical experience in contracting repairs and maintenance, facilities maintenance and with emphasis on (HVAC,roofs, fire systems.)
- 4 year degree is preferred or proven track record in managing facilities maintenance issues from a centralized platform.
- Experience in the development of scopes, budgets, and schedules.
- Experience with interfacing among vendors, operations and regulatory agencies.
- Possess customer centric behaviors with the ability to collaborate, communicate and interact with various management levels within the organization.
- Intermediate to advanced skillset required with MS Suite Office with the ability to learn new software as needed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Must have the ability to re-direct and prioritize work as needed.
- Able to perform property inspections, including climbing ladders and walking on roof tops.
- Base = 90k – 130k
- Bonus = up to 20k annually
- Additional comp info = 125 RSU