With more than 2,200 locations nationwide, our client is the leader in their industry. The company has experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped them become an industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in the industry.
The Construction Manager will be responsible for the design, permitting and construction of company facilities across the western US. They are looking for a high energy, "can do" individual that enjoys a fast pace and diverse workload in a dynamic environment! You will be managing a wide array of challenging projects across the Pacific Northwest. Experience with heavy construction combined with deep knowledge of civil engineering and site work/infrastructure challenges is a plus.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide site analysis and recommendations to real estate department and site acquisition personnel.
- Lead due diligence activities, which would include review of surveys, soils and environmental reports.
- Ensures that the construction assumptions and project risks have been identified and addressed.
- Select and supervise the design/engineering consultants from initial due diligence through site plan approval and construction.
- Reviews all drawings and make sure they conform to the company design standards.
- Develop and prepare project budgets and cost estimates. Ensure that project budget stays within budget.
- Develop schedules and maintains targeted completion dates. Understands how to manage milestones, and bring appropriate resources to challenges impacting the schedule.
- Responsible for identifying and assigning General Contractors and negotiates, recommends, and approves contracts with GC’s.
- Responsible for completion of company construction projects as assigned. Ensure that coordination and regular communication of overall project occurs between design professionals, construction, real estate and others involved in the planning and construction of company projects. Advises management of any project delays or budget challenges and identifies alternate actions to maintain schedules and budgets.
- Verifies the accuracy of General Contractor's monthly application for payment and provides approval.
- Monitors all inspections or corrections required by governing agencies.
- Maintains public relations with neighbors, inspectors, GC's, subs' and trades persons.
- Coordinates final acceptance, inspection, and scheduling of occupancy.
- Upon completion of projects, reviews all warranties, O&M manuals, completion of the final punch list required by the contract documents.
- At least 7-10 years construction management experience in a major chain or multiple location organization for either a General Contractor or Owner's Representative - preferably overseeing ground up big box construction with major site work
- Must have demonstrated experience with a full array of heavy construction combined with new and renovation type projects.
- Must possess strong project accounting skills, including budget development, ongoing project cost monitoring and large money contract management.
- Must have worked in a major corporate environment
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited 4-year University
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Strong computer skills (MS Suite office of programs including Word, Excel, Access, Project and Primavera-Expedition)
- Previous experience in a Project Management role with a General Contractor is a plus.
**Frequent travel is required**
- Paying up to $120,000 base + bonus 30k estimated + 250 Ristricted Stock Units (RSUs)
- Base depends on experience
- Bonus based on performance