Our Client is a full service real estate investment and management company with a diverse portfolio of office (over 13 MSF) and industrial properties (over 26 MSF) in major markets throughout the Western U.S. including California, Colorado, Washington, Oregon, Arizona and Nevada. They are a privately held company that was founded in 1991 and are comprised of 160 employees. Our Client consists of several real estate investment funds with multiple investors including endowments, foundations, pension funds and high net worth individuals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work to efficiently manage development & capital projects through all phases of project development including entitlements, design, bidding, permitting and construction. Projects will be located throughout the company's Portfolio with some travel required.
- Direct accountability for budgets and schedules on individual projects. Responsible for hiring and supervision of architects, consultants and contractors, monitoring progress, reviewing contracts and approval of payments. Negotiations and preparation of contracts, work authorization of change orders, close out packages, etc.
- Works with teams to develop conceptual budgets and schedules.
- Understand goals and fundamentals (i.e. budget scope, lease structure, schedule constraints, etc.) involved in each project to best deliver successful projects.
- Assist the team with Cities and Governing Agencies in obtaining approvals as needed for projects. Identify potential roadblocks and develop strategies to mitigate impacts or delays.
- Assure accurate budget variance reports and schedules for projects. Drive value engineering efforts as needed and timely performance of the project teams.
- Coordinate and manage internal approval processes for design, budgets and other project related issues.
- Coordinate and communicate with Property Management team on project activities on a weekly basis. Ensure Project Close Out files are retained in respective property management office files.
- Communicate status of all projects at weekly meetings with Management.
- Build relationships with internal and external teams including Regional Operations Managers, Property Managers, vendors, consultants and contractors to best deliver projects and services.
- Candidate should have 5-7 years experience and posses a four year degree.
- Preferred candidate will have a background in office & industrial building design and construction with an emphasis on renovations and redevelopment.
- Desirable experience includes new shell/core construction, major renovations, and sophisticated tenant improvement/interior work.
- Candidate should possess strong communication skills and the ability to multi-task with multiple people, good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
- Highly desirable for a candidate to possess design experience or an architecture background.
- Four-year degree, experience with tenant improvement projects, and have a minimum of seven years in relevant work experience in construction, architectural or property management companies.
Compensation: Target Base $95k + 15% bonus potential