SENIOR FACILITIES MANAGER
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED.
Our client is non-profit organization that operates free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public charter schools. Our schools, which serve elementary and middle school students in East and South Los Angeles.
Our Client’s mission is to teach the academic skills, foster the intellectual habits, and cultivate the character traits needed for our students to thrive in high school, college, and life. Through the success of our students, the company’s team and family will serve as a model of excellence and collaborate with others to raise the quality of education in Los Angeles.
The Senior Facilities Manager is critical to the successful management and maintenance of facilities. The Facilities Manager will be responsible for managing building maintenance, janitorial services, facilities helpdesk, security systems, building access, and landscaping across the LA region. Currently, our client operates 18 facilities, including a mix of owned, long-term leased and short-term leased facilities. The Senior Facilities Manager will report to the Director of Real Estate and will manage Our Client’s handyman and Maintenance Techs.
- Ensure that all of the schools’ facilities are in good repair and provide a safe environment for our students and team.
- Work with Director of Real Estate to identify, evaluate, select and manage vendors to perform preventative maintenance and conduct repairs as needed.
- Work with the Director of Real Estate to develop, implement, and oversee programs and schedules for preventive maintenance of building components and systems for each facility, including HVAC, fire, plumbing, pest control, etc.
- Manage maintenance vendors and the handymen to ensure that all facilities issues are resolved expediently and that grounds are kept in good condition, including landscape maintenance and graffiti removal.
- Work with the Real Estate Project Associate to respond to and manage the facilities helpdesk tickets in a timely and professional manner.
- The Facilities Manager assists and participates in the design review, coordination, commissioning, substantial completion and final completion review of all new construction, major renovation and other capital and renewal projects, and ensures timely review and comments regarding proposed capital projects.
- This position oversees periodic inspections and tests of facilities, infrastructure and systems to ensure maximum performance of building systems and equipment, and develops maintenance policies and standard operating procedures relative to building mechanical systems.
- Manage janitorial vendor(s) to ensure that all facilities are clean and provide a safe learning environment for our students.
- Develop and implement a janitorial inspection plan to regularly identify areas for improvement.
- Support Director of Real Estate, as needed, with bidding process to select new janitorial vendor(s). If janitorial services are brought in-house, assist Director of Real Estate with this transition and to develop structure and systems to manage in-house services.
- Create deep cleaning schedules and work with School Business Operations Managers (SBOMs) to ensure that all facilities receive deep cleaning according to these schedules.
- Monitor janitorial invoicing to ensure services are accurately billed and to manage expenditures to budget
Building Access & Security Systems:
- Responsible for managing master keys and keyless entry systems for all facilities across the region. Coordinate with SBOMs to re-key buildings as necessary.
- In coordination with the Director of Real Estate, manage relationships with security system vendors and negotiate and manage new system installations.
- Develop and maintain a database of all security systems across LA locations.
Qualifications and Desired Characteristics
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- Minimum of 5 years in facilities management, construction management, or similar role
- Spanish language fluency a plus
- Experience overseeing maintenance of building systems
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with multiple constituencies, including executive leadership, school leaders and staff, and contractors
- A customer-focused attitude and track record of delivering high levels of service
- Demonstrated initiative, leadership, and tenacity
- Focus on results and willingness to go above and beyond to serve our schools and students
- Strong commitment and passion for Our Client’s mission and values
Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, depending on experience and qualifications.