Our Client is a West Coast focused real estate Investment Company headquartered in Irvine, CA with over $2.5 billion in office and industrial real estate assets throughout the western U.S. on behalf of its various investment funds.
The successful candidate will possess strong communication skills and the ability to multi-task with multiple people, good organizational skills and attention to detail. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Microsoft Project is required. Candidate should have knowledge of design and contracting communities. In addition, the successful candidate will have a four-year degree, experience with tenant improvement projects, and have a minimum of seven years in relevant work experience in construction, architectural or property management companies. Strong working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems is a plus.
PURPOSE: Successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing project management for capital projects in various locations primarily focused on tenant improvements but may include some property repositioning / rehabs.
REPORTS TO: Regional SVP
Director of Design & Construction
Regional Operations Manager
Senior Project Manager – NW Region
STAFF SUPPORT: Corporate Construction Accounting Group
Construction Administrative Assistant
Company (or third party) Engineers
SCOPE OF ACTIVITIES:
- Work to efficiently manage tenant improvement & capital projects through all phases of project development including design, bidding, permitting and construction. Projects will be located throughout the Bay Area Portfolio.
- Direct accountability for budget and schedule on individual projects. Responsible for hiring and supervision of architects, consultants and contractors, monitoring progress, reviewing contracts and approval of payments. Negotiations and preparation of contracts, work authorization of change orders, close out packages, etc.
- Coordination with Leasing Team on prospective tenants. Develops conceptual budgets and schedules.
- Understand goals and fundamentals (i.e. lease structure, proforma, schedule constraints, etc.) involved in each project to best deliver successful projects.
- Primary contact with Cities and Governing Agencies in obtaining approvals as needed for projects. Identify potential roadblocks and develop strategies to mitigate impacts or delays.
- Assure accurate budget variance reports and schedules for projects. Drive value engineering efforts as needed and timely performance of the project teams.
- Coordinate and manage internal approval processes for design, budgets and other project related issues.
- Coordinate and communicate with Property Management team on project activities on a weekly basis. Ensure Project Close Out files are retained in respective property management office files.
- Communicate status of all projects at weekly meetings with Director of Design & Construction and Senior Project Manager – NW Region. Responsibility for maintaining accurate and complete “Action Plans” distributed to Principals on a monthly basis.
- Build relationships with internal and external teams including Regional Operations Managers, Property Managers, vendors, consultants and contractors to best deliver projects and services.
- Assure integration with accounting group and construction administrative assistant to ensure accurate and timely accounting reports as well as accounts payable.
- Interface with corporate Design & Construction Group on workload issues and firm-wide process refinement initiatives.
This position is available immediately with a salary plus bonus potential and benefits commensurate with experience and qualifications.