You’re a Project Engineer or Project Manager with over 2+ years of experience working in multi-disciplinary construction projects with expertise in commercial and/or Industrial construction. You will develop and execute project plans and schedules, ensure the highest safety and quality standards. You have a proven track record for meetings budgets, schedules and scope.
If you are interested in working for an industry front runner in the construction of wineries, high-end restaurants and resorts and opulent private residences in a managerial role, join Our Client’s Building team in South Los Angeles County, CA.
• Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project and applicable OSHA acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project
• Creates and/or facilitates the Project Quality Program to ensure project materials are supplied and work is completed accordingly
• Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that quality standards are maintained
• Develops and maintains the construction schedule in conjunction with project team to meet milestones and completion dates
• Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project’s ongoing progression
• Provides strong leadership to construction team members, capitalizing on individual and group strengths to ensure project targets are achieved
• Identifies and manages opportunities and risks to achieve the best possible impact on schedule and financial targets
• Maintains, tracks, and reports all financial aspects of project including forecasts and billings
• Manages the procurement process including subcontractor / trade / supplier negotiations and awards
• Performs other related duties as outlined in Our Client’s Construction Operations Manual
• 2+ years of related work experience as a Project Manager or in a similar direct managerial/supervisory role. Experience within commercial or industrial construction (ground up, renovation or tenant improvement) is preferred
• Completed post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline an asset
• Comprehensive knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications, costs, budgets and current construction practices and methodology
• Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders, understand and interpret stakeholder needs and identify solutions to non-routine queries
• Capable of anticipating constructability issues in moderate to complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule
• Strong negotiation skills; ability to influence and persuade others to reach consensus
• A track record of building successful teams and promoting teamwork through motivating and coaching
• Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license
• Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirement
• office based position – South LA County
Our client is an EEO/AAP employer; all decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.