POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Initial Project: 140 Units, Slab on grade, Type V Construction
Essential functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plan and schedule project, including look ahead schedules.
- Schedule manpower daily, weekly and monthly in accordance with project master schedule.
- Control job progress by managing subcontractors, solving problems and conflicts, using proper Documentation, quality control and safety control techniques on the job.
- Control project costs by weekly evaluation of labor, material, and equipment costs.
- Successfully receive, stage and routinely inventory any/all materials procured by GC.
- Evaluate work in place or proposed budget estimates based upon actual incurred output as well as historical comparable analysis.
- Demonstrate superior construction process knowledge.
- Possess strong field acumen, awareness and technical expertise.
- Insure successful project delivery by recognizing and meeting all the owner/client's needs.
- Provide leadership through team building communications, proper motivation, confidence, and good judgment and listening to others.
- Manage, mentor and coach project level subordinates; foremen, carpenters, laborers, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelors degree in Construction Engineering/Management or related curriculum from an accredited University is not required; however is a plus.
- Multi-Family market experience preferred.
- Significant experience with at least 5 to 10 years as a manager of commercial construction activities in the field. Must possess superior construction knowledge, excellent personnel management skills, scheduling expertise, good knowledge and use of cost control procedures and the ability to monitor and control several projects at a time.
- Ability to effectively communicate (oral and written) with both internal and external customers.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Working knowledge of email and MS Office software programs necessary.
- Ability and willingness to effectively use other job-related technology tools.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Needs to have excellent relationship-building skills.
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be a proficient communicator and listener.
- Organization skills are critical.
- Conflict and relationship management skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with frequent interruptions
- Articulate, professional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to be a team player
- Math proficiency
- Strong work ethic and a positive attitude
- Self-motivated, adaptable, dependable, with focus on customer service
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to travel in-state and out-of-state for projects as needed
- Demonstrate good documentation practices as the project level; daily reports, RFI's, ASI, etc
- Insure that all parties understand the importance of safety to your project and educate those that need it.
- Insure project cleanliness at all times through successful monitoring, management and enforcement as necessary of all building trades working on site.
- Sell your company and yourself to the Client, Owner, Building Officials, Inspectors, Architect, Engineers and Consultants. Earn their respect.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Frequent walking, standing, sitting within the work area and between clients.
- Driving to/from client sites and/or other locations for business-related purposes.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is that of a fast paced office with minimal to high noise levels.
- This position requires working independently as well as part of a team.
- This position requires verbal and face-to-face contact with others on a daily basis.
- Frequent use of a computer is necessary.
- This position requires the use of all general office equipment.
- The position requires client information be maintained appropriately confidential.
Salary: (depending on experience) from 80K to 140K
Gillian Executive Search are top CRE recruiters specializing in Multifamily Construction, Development, and Architecture nationwide.