DEVELOPMENT PROJECT MANAGER, Affordable Housing
The Development Project Manager is responsible for overall management of the development process for multiple affordable residential communities. This includes supervising and carrying out all technical aspects of development including initial feasibility analysis, acquisition, design, financing and entitlements, coordination with construction staff in the plan check and construction stage, and coordination of start-up operations with Property Management staff. The Senior Development Project Manager/VP reports directly to the company’s President and is expected to exercise a high level of independent judgment in the conduct of business responsibility with minimal supervision. The Senior Development Project Management/VP supervises Development Associates and will be supported by in house architectural, construction, legal, accounting, administrative and property management staff.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluation of potential sites to determine feasibility for affordable
- Negotiation of purchase
- Evaluation of financial feasibility and preparation of financing plans for development.
- Securing pre-development, construction, and permanent financing from conventional, public, and quasi-public agencies. Development and management of budgets for each funding source.
- Selection, contracting and management of design team and other development consultants.
- Public presentations and public representation of the company and its development projects.
- Coordination with construction management, general contractor, property management and monitoring of construction and operating budgets.
- Development and management of overall project budget and financing.
- Oversight of loan closings and coordination of all lender
- Coordination with property management for initial occupancy and lease-up activities.
- Technical support, training, and professional development for junior development staff
- Management of project close-out Requirements
- Thorough knowledge of the affordable housing development process as it relates to multi-family
- Familiarity with government affordable housing programs at federal, state, and local
- Firm understanding and experience with public planning, entitlement, and permitting
- Ability to conduct sophisticated financial analyses of affordable housing projects including site acquisition, predevelopment activities, construction financing, and permanent financing.
- Familiarity with the funding and loan closing process and ability to facilitate financial
- Ability to understand and interpret policies of federal and state agencies and private lending institutions which may apply to a given
- Ability to exchange information, discuss and negotiate business arrangements, and advocate for the accomplishment of proposed development
- Ability to exercise a high level of housing development skills, leadership ability, and attention to detail with a broad view of the development process.
- A bachelor’s degree or graduate study in business, finance, economics, public administration, community development, planning or related field.
- At least five, and preferably ten, years of development experience in affordable residential housing with an emphasis on multi-family