DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT / SENIOR DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – Los Angeles/Orange County, California
This position is closed. We always get new positions in so please apply.
Our client was founded in the early 1990’s. An extremely successful owner, operator and developer of market-rate multifamily properties across the United States. They are a blue-chip company that operates with integrity and character in delivering world-class services to residents, property owners and investors in multifamily real estate.
The Director of Development is responsible for the overall management of the development process for multiple multifamily projects in California . This includes supervising and carrying out all technical aspects of development including initial feasibility analysis, acquisition, design, financing and entitlements, coordination with construction staff in the plan check and construction stage, and coordination of start-up operations with Property Management staff. The Director of Development reports directly to the company’s Managing Director and is expected to exercise a high level of independent judgment in the conduct of business responsibility with minimal supervision.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluation of potential sites to determine feasibility for the development of multifamily projects.
- Negotiation of purchase
- Evaluation of financial feasibility and preparation of financing plans for development.
- Securing pre-development, construction, and permanent financing from conventional, public, and quasi-public agencies. Development and management of budgets for each funding source.
- Selection, contracting and management of design team and other development consultants.
- Public presentations and public representation of the company and its development projects.
- Coordination with construction management, general contractor, property management and monitoring of construction and operating budgets.
- Development and management of overall project budget and financing.
- Oversight of loan closings and coordination of all lender
- Coordination with property management for initial occupancy and lease-up activities.
- Technical support, training, and professional development for junior development staff
- Management of project close-out Requirements
- Thorough knowledge of the development process as it relates to multi-family
- Familiarity with government at federal, state, and local levels
- Firm understanding and experience with public planning, entitlement, and permitting
- Ability to conduct sophisticated financial analyses of market rate housing projects including site acquisition, predevelopment activities, construction financing, and permanent financing.
- Familiarity with the funding and loan closing process and ability to facilitate financial
- Ability to understand and interpret policies of federal and state agencies and private lending institutions which may apply to a given
- Ability to exchange information, discuss and negotiate business arrangements, and advocate for the accomplishment of proposed development
- Ability to exercise a high level of housing development skills, leadership ability, and attention to detail with a broad view of the development process.
- A bachelor’s degree or graduate study in business, finance, economics, public administration, community development, planning or related field.
- At least five, and preferably ten, years of development experience with an emphasis on market-rate multifamily
COMPENSATION: Our client is very competitive on salary, bonus and benefits. Please be prepared to honestly present your current compensation to both the recruiter and client.
Gillian Executive Search, Inc. is a leader Mutlifamily Development searches.
Contact: Kipp Gillian | Gillian Executive Search, Inc. | 866-600-0437 x1