PROJECT ENGINEER - Newport Beach, CA
Our Client is looking for high performing team orientated candidates who want to join an organization that is on the cutting edge of offering a premier lifestyle. We are a top property management group based out of Newport Beach, California and we know no boundaries when it comes to hiring and retaining the best employees in the industry. We are currently looking to fill a Project Engineer position to support our Construction department based out of our Corporate Office in Newport Beach.******( Open to relocation applicants in Western Region).******
The Project Engineer will work with the VP of Construction in delivering a superior quality product, on time and on budget, that has been quality controlled and constructed with integrity and professionalism by managing and supervising all aspects of the construction process including off site work, product construction, and customer service. In order to achieve the general purpose of this position the following duties may be required.
- Schedules, runs, and supervises the job site and general contractors to perform on schedule and on time.
- Ensures general contractors show up and adhere to schedules.
- Supervises all employees, assists and gets materials as necessary.
- Communicates and shares information consistently with all personnel and general contractors.
- Walks each apartment every day to ensure the quality of the product, and the overall cleanliness, organization and safety of the job site.
- Ensures quality control throughout the construction process while reviewing the work of the subcontractors to make certain quality standards is being achieved.
- Locks and unlocks all apartment doors each day.
- Holds all personnel accountable for adhering to safety procedures/standards.
- Develops and nurtures strong working relationships with existing general contractors and potential subcontractors.
- Watches for storms and checks BMP sand bags, straw waddles, fence.
- Creates a positive and professional image of the site and apartments to all workers, subcontractors, homeowners, and potential residents.
- Assumes all responsibilities of Sr. Construction Manager when Sr. Construction Manager is not available.
- Informs Superintendent of problems or concerns on job site.
- Regular contact with Sr. Construction Manager, Subcontractors, General Contractors Personnel, Leasing Personnel, City and County Inspectors.
- Performs any tasks assigned.
Education and/or Experience/Licenses and/or Certificates Continued:
- 1 -7 years experience in Multifamily or Commercial Project Engineering
- Degree in Construction Management and or Engineering - Preferred
- 1 -5 years experience working with estimating, bids and construction codes
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adhere to strict time deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to execute tasks in an efficient manner without sacrificing quality
- Ability to properly delegate and follow-up on tasks with a pleasant and approachable demeanor.
- Requires valid California driver’s license; vehicle insurance
- Dust Control Certificate
- Working knowledge of construction codes
- Must have problem solving, prioritizing abilities
Gillian Executive Search, Inc. is a leader Mutlifamily Construction, Development and Architecture search.
Contact: Kipp Gillian | Gillian Executive Search, Inc. | 866-600-0437 x1