DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE - San Diego, CA
This position has been filled.
Our Client: Over 60 years of experience in the multifamily development having built over 52,000 apartment units and 35,000 student housing beds in twenty-six states. Their management staff has decades of experience transcending every phase of the apartment business and currently operate in numerous locations across the country. Central to their success is their history of leadership in the Multi-family industry.
The Development Associate will be responsible for supporting the multifamily housing development team in all aspects of their projects including: entitlements, design, financial analysis and modeling, deal memo preparation, due diligence, legal oversight, budgeting, and construction. This position is a key support position that will provide the candidate significant professional growth and exposure to all aspects of a market rate development project. This position will be based in San Diego, Ca.
- Assist with all aspects of a development: financing, entitlement / government approvals, consultant
- coordination, public relations, design, leasing / marketing, and construction oversight.
- Perform financial analysis and due diligence for new development opportunities, assisting in
- underwriting and cash flow analysis, and responding to Requests for Qualifications or Proposals.
- Assist in preparing business plans, including deal memorandums, annual operating plans, financial
- forecasts and strategic plans.
- Compile detailed financing applications for various funding sources
- Assist in coordinating loan draws, forecasting project budgets and cash flows, and managing project
- Research and analyses: benchmark economic activity in target markets by tracking rents, sales per
- square foot, operating costs, competitive supply and economic expansion activity.
- Minimize exposure and risk on various projects.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to senior project team members.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree; preferably in real estate, business administration, public policy and
- Strong quantitative and MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project skills are a prerequisite.
- Strong project management skills, results‐driven, with ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Complex thinker of high intelligence and demonstrates strong intellectual curiosity.
- Experience, knowledge, and understanding of real estate development a plus.
- Keen attention to detail.
- High energy; possessed with drive.
- Suitability to an entrepreneurial culture that places a premium on performance.
- Must be a team player, but also a self‐starter that can perform with limited direction.
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills.
Gillian Executive Search, Inc. is a leader in Affordable Housing Development Search
Contact: Kipp Gillian | Gillian Executive Search, Inc. | 866-600-0437 x1