RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY MANAGER
This position has been filled.
The Residential Property Manager will oversee day to day operations of the Residential element of property. Responsible for all aspects of property management from achieving and maintaining occupancy goals, resident retention, managing expenditure in line with budget and financial reporting. Ensure the property meets the the company high level of expectations at all times. Discipline, develop, promote and coach all direct reports.
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five years hospitality, real estate or property management experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proficient in RealPage, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Manage, communicate and inspire direct reports to achieve daily tasks and goals
- Maintain a stable occupancy according to budget, while achieving rental growth
- Oversee residential move in and out process. Ensure account statements are closed within the required deadline in accordance with California laws
- Collect all billed rent and charges in full an on time
- Enforce property and company policy in accordance with the company’s standards and California Law
- Consistently communicate with residents
- Approve all applications and counter sign residential lease agreements
- Ensure all residential information is entered into RealPage accurately
- Handle and resolve customer complaints, and provide solution where possible
- Provide accurate financial reports to VP of Residential and Operations
- Develop good working relationships with vendors and walk areas regularly to ensure standards are being met
- Work well under pressure, meeting multiple deadlines. Demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleague and supervisors. Under no circumstances will non-cooperative behavior be tolerated
- Maintain high level of resident satisfaction. Organize regular events and submit surveys.
- Keep up with market trends and competition (both online and under development)
- Assist with leasing when necessary. Including touring prospective residents and following the leasing steps of success as well as receiving and returning leasing calls/emails
- Will provide support with any property related projects
- Create marketing strategies to remain competitive
Success factors/job competencies:
- Extremely strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Energetic leader that is self-motivated and disciplined to oversee the daily challenges of properties.
- Passionate about providing exceptional service and strives to make everyone’s experience a memorable one.
Physical demands and work environment:
- Equipment used: computer, telephone, net facilities, two-way radio, personal vehicle
- Software Knowledge: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Go Concierge, RealPage, JD Edwards, Premisys (access card system), Doorking (call box system), Handytrac(key system)
- Standing up to 8 hours per day
- Walking up to 8 hours per day
- Lifting and carrying up to 35 pounds for at least 15 minutes at a time
- Using a telephone
- Bending up to 4 hours per day
- Working outdoors for up to 8 hours per day
Job Title: Residential Property Manager
Department: Residential Operations
Reports to: Vice President of Residential Operations
FLSA status: Exempt
Classification: Full Time
Supervises: Up to 10 direct reports