SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER, ARCHITECTURE
This position has been filled.
Our Client is a design-focused architecture, interior design and planning firm that began in Miami in 1977 as an experimental studio. The studio has evolved into a worldwide practice (with offices in Paris, Sao Paulo, Hong Kong, New York and more) combining the creative spirit of the principals with the efficiency of delivery and reliability of a major architectural firm.
This position is specifically for the Los Angeles office. Full-time positions are available for work on several projects.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible to manage projects including maintaining strong client relationships. Senior Project Managers are expected to have a thorough knowledge of managing and mentoring teams, clear communication skills, construction detailing, materials, building codes and industry standards as well as strong three-dimensional thinking abilities. This position requires delivering the highest quality of work while ensuring the client's and company's expectations are met for functionality, aesthetics, schedule and budget. We are a design-focused firm. The right candidate must be committed to design excellence and illustrate a proven ability to translate the design process successfully into the built environment.
- Work with Office Director, project teams, clients and consultants to develop clear construction documentation
- Communicate professionally, thoroughly and articulately with clients, consultants and team members
- Handle complex challenges smoothly with the ability to see the big picture
- Manage project team and team members' workload
- Motivate and mentor interns and junior staff, ensuring their professional and technical development
- Understand design criteria and track project technical compliance with all applicable codes and standards
- Licensed architect in California with 14-20 years post-grad experience
- Experience as a Project Manager on several completed projects
- Experience in all project phases (concept through CA)
- Experience with high-rise residential and mixed use projects
- Experience working on CA with knowledge of job-site observation requirements
- Experience working in San Francisco a plus
- Ability to travel to San Francisco
- Ability to work and produce documents in Revit
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Compensation will be based on candidate's experience and abilities
- Health care (medical, dental, vision, supplemental)
- Company-sponsored 401k program
- Paid time off on an accrual basis + holidays