CONSTRUCTION QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER
This position has been filled.
Our Client is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, and redevelopment of high quality retail real estate in the country's best markets. We believe we are one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies you can work for. Interested candidates who research Our Client hear a lot about the high quality shopping centers and the well-respected real estate team at our core, it's the smaller intangible things that can make working at Our Client so satisfying. You see, while we're one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our shopping centers, we're really a very small company by most standards and we try to operate that way. That means that team members with initiative and ability can get involved in many facets of our business over the years.
Our Client is sourcing for a Construction Quality Control Manager to join our team in Boston, MA. The Construction Quality Control Manager (CQCM) is responsible for managing and performing the daily QC responsibilities of our Assembly Row project to ensure the project is constructed in accordance with the established minimum standards. The CQCM role includes direct oversight and review of the entire documentation and physical inspection phase of the work flow process and working with other in-house personnel (e.g.: Construction Managers, Development Managers, etc.) and external personnel to produce and document a quality product. The CQCM reports directly to the Director of Construction for the sake of assuring that a conflict of interest does not occur among the productivity, schedule, and the quality objectives of the project.
- Review shop drawings and submittals for conformance with project specifications by direct review and by leveraging the knowledge and experience of others in the project team when necessary
- Provide daily QC reports that reinforce activities that are being constructed in conformance with each specific project's established standard and constructively confronts non-conformances to produce the desired outcome in a timely manner
- Conduct preparatory, initial and follow-up meetings to establish an understanding of the standards of care desired for each definable feature of work
- Verify and document that all materials received for the project are in conformance with the approved submittal, are handled and stored appropriately and are acceptable for use in the project
- Conduct preconstruction meetings with new and existing subcontractors and the superintendent at prior to the start of each new phase of the work to discuss issues that affect quality
- Coordinate and document the testing and commissioning of building systems
- Maintain the project "as-built" drawings on a daily basis
- Assemble and forward project closeout documents that include O&M manuals, as-built and warranties
- Stop work if necessary to resolve matters that affect safety, quality and/or inhibit the logical progress of work
- Manage the quality control activities of a construction projects, including document review, quality control, punch list.
- Review all submittal, shop drawings, request for information, exposure logs, change orders, to make sure work was installed as directed.
- Administer quality control and mock ups procedure.
- Manage all aspects of the projects milestone dates and turn-over dates.
- Work with general contractors and architect to insure non-conformance reports are maintained, sign-off and completed properly.
- Manage and help direct retail tenant coordinators with base building design.
- Manage the Quality Control and close in inspection to close out.
- Maintain the punch list operation to close out.
- Minimum of 5 years of Construction management working for Development Company.
- 5 years’ experience in mixed-use real estate development/construction projects which includes (residential and office over retail).
- 5 years of solid retail experience a must working with retail anchors and small shop retail tenants.
- S. degree in engineering or construction management a plus
- Previous experience required in the field of construction management working as an owner’s representative and some General Contractors. Working knowledge as an owner’s representative is a must.
- In depth knowledge of engineering and architectural plans and execute project during construction.
- Experience in both high rise concrete and wood frame construction.
- Experience in site work, including landscaping, hardscaping, architectural place making and way finding objects.
- Experience in LEED certified projects
- Ability to manage many projects at any given time
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of a wide range of construction materials, methods, and techniques
- Proficient with computer software
- Ability to speak clearly and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize work and meet deadlines
SALARY: 85 to 90K plus performance bonus and benefits.
Our Client is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.