This position has been filled.
Our Client is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, and redevelopment of high quality retail real estate in the country's best markets. We believe we are one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies you can work for. Interested candidates who research Our Client hear a lot about the high quality shopping centers and mixed use centers. Our well respected real estate team is at our core, but it's the smaller intangible things that can make working at Our Client so satisfying. You see, while we're one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our shopping centers, we're really a very small company by most standards and we try to operate that way. That means that team members with initiative and ability can get involved in many facets of our business over the years.
Our Client is seeking an experienced Construction Manager with retail, office, residential and mixed use experience. The employee will manage the day-to-day development and construction activities of portions of a complex residential, commercial, retail, office and mixed-use projects from Baltimore to Boston. Must have past experience on the development and construction side. Residential experience is required, retail and commercial construction experience is a plus.
- Manage the day to day activities of a development/construction project, including all scheduling, budget updates, quality control, design modifications, permitting, and coordination with leasing and tenant coordination.
- Responsible for the expense portion of financial proformas
- Administer all submittals, shop drawings, requests for information, exposure logs, change orders, payment application, lien waivers, insurance certificates, and invoices utilizing Our Client’s standard operating and filing procedures.
- Utilize Excel spreadsheets to manage the above items. Administer and manage all third party work including testing agencies
- Manage the base line construction schedule and provide detailed monthly updates to project team to ensure that the project remains on track.
- Manage the construction schedule to hit all tenant turn-over dates.
- Oversee the construction administration of the project architects, engineers, contractors, subcontractors & retail tenants.
- Work with general contractors through the GMP process to confirm budgets, schedules, and constructability.
- Negotiate construction contracts and change orders.
- Manage and direct General contractors and all owner suppliers and contractors
- Maintain budget updates and accounting reports
Qualifications and Skills:
- 10 years of Development &/or Construction management experience working for Development and/or Construction Company. Architectural or engineering experience also a positive.
- 10 years experience in mixed-use real estate development/construction projects which ideally includes both residential and office over retail.
- Ability to read detailed architectural and engineering plans.
- Experience in wood-frame construction required, concrete a plus.
- Experience in site work, including landscaping, hardscaping, architectural place making sculpture, art, and way finding object installation.
- Experience with LEED certified projects
- Ability to manage many projects at any given time
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
Salary: 135-145K plus 15% performance bonus and benefits.
Our Client is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.