This positions has been filled.
The Development Manager is responsible for overall execution and management of the development process for multiple mixed-use communities (residential, retail, hotel) in Milpitas, California. This includes supervising and carrying out all technical aspects of development including feasibility analysis, design, programming, entitlements, consultant coordination, with construction staff in the plan check and construction stage, and coordination of start-up operations with Property Management staff. The Development Manager reports directly to the company’s VP of Development and is expected to exercise a high level of independent judgment in the conduct of business responsibility with minimal supervision.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prime responsibility for the development and management of project soft-cost budgets.
- Selection, contracting and management of design team and other development consultants.
- Project lead on design and programming of community features and amenities.
- Public presentations and public representation of the company and its development projects.
- Evaluation of financial feasibility for development and major design decisions.
- Coordination with construction management, general contractor, property management and monitoring of construction and operating budgets.
- Development and management of overall project budget and financing.
- Participation in loan closings and coordination of lender diligence items.
- Reporting to investors, partners, company executives on project progress.
- Coordination with property management for initial occupancy and lease-up activities.
- Technical support, training, and professional development for junior development staff.
- Management of project close-out requirements.
- 5-10 years of development experience in market-rate residential housing with an emphasis on mixed-use and/or multi-family.
- A bachelor’s degree or graduate study in business, finance, economics, public administration, community development, planning or related field.
- Must reside in the San Jose are and be able to commute daily to Milpitas.
- Firm understanding and experience with public planning, entitlement, and permitting.
- Strong understanding of construction and engineering fundamentals.
- Ability to exchange information, discuss and negotiate business arrangements, and advocate for the accomplishment of proposed development
- Ability to exercise a high level of housing development skills, leadership ability, and attention to detail with a broad view of the development process.