This position has been filled.
Our Client is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, and redevelopment of high quality retail real estate in the country’s best markets. We believe they are one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies you can work for. Candidates who research Our Client hear a lot about the high quality shopping centers and mixed use/urban lifestyle centers and their well respected real estate team is at their core. It's the smaller intangible things that can make working with our client so satisfying. You see, while they are one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of their shopping centers, office complexes and mixed-use development, they're really a very small company by most standards and they try to operate that way. That means that team members with initiative and ability can get involved in many facets of their business over the years.
- Identify, vet, help select, and direct design teams to plan and execute successful, financially viable development and redevelopment projects.
- Obtain necessary entitlements and permits for development of new and redevelopment of existing projects.
- Confidently perform development feasibility analyses relevant to initial and final site programming for residential, retail and/or office uses.
- Evaluate existing leases to identify restrictions, no-build areas, or other encumbrances that may impact a project.
- Create and manage development budgets in support of overall project pro formas.
- Create and manage knowable development schedules.
- Work with general contractors through the design process to confirm budgets, schedules, and project constructability. Assist in the negotiation of construction contracts.
- Work with marketing staff to appropriately align project characteristics with future marketing plans and tenant expectations.
- Assist, by coordinating with the design team, in the creation of lease exhibits and tenant criteria.
- Understand, at a fundamental level, retail and office tenant lease requirements and their integration implications regarding physical build-out, TI contributions, and final space delivery.
- Work with Federal accounting teams to provide accurate project cost reporting.
- 10+ years of actual mixed-use development experience in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Strong management skills, including the ability to motivate and guide teams in the establishment and timely achievement of clear common goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to review and thoroughly understand construction documents, including new 3-D modelling (i.e. Revit) software, to verify that project scope is complete and will meet Federal’s functional and quality criteria.
- Demonstrated ability to manage project scope, quality and budget, and to analyze, balance, and implement value engineering alternatives relative to overall project objectives.
- Practical knowledge of: professional services and construction contracts; zoning regulations; the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA); the California Subdivision Map Act; master plan and condominium governance characteristics as they related to mixed-use projects; and the basics of an Environmental Impact Report process.
- Practical knowledge of all common commercial and residential construction types (i.e. Construction Types I-V).
- Practical knowledge of green building characteristics (i.e. Build-It-Green, LEED, CalGreen, Living Building Challenge, et cetera).
- Established work history with San Francisco Bay Area general contractors and design professionals.
- Sufficient real estate financial analysis skills.
- Strong skills with Excel and MS Project.