This position is closed. We are always getting new positions in so please feel free to still send in your resume on this position.
Our Client is currently seeking a Financial Analyst to provide strategic financial and analytical support to maximize value creation for the Western Region’s real estate portfolio. This person will work closely with the Asset Management, Leasing, Lease Administration, and Corporate Finance teams, develop a strong foundation in real estate financial analysis, and gain critical modeling skills. Although the portfolio is predominantly retail focused, this position will also gain exposure to multi-family, office, and the dynamics of a mixed-use environment. The ideal candidate has a solid grasp of both accounting and financial valuation; is very detail-oriented with an eye towards accuracy; exhibits resourcefulness, tenacity, and database savviness; and can quickly synthesize information and execute under tight deadlines. This position is located in San Jose, CA.
- Review prospective retail and office tenant financial performance to determine creditworthiness.
- Analyze potential retail and office lease deals to maximize value creation.
- Ensure accurate common area maintenance (CAM) and real estate tax tenant billings through thorough review of billing schedules prepared by the Trust's lease administration personnel. Ensure recovery forecasts accurately reflect tenant billing calculation methods per lease language.
- Review, monitor, and analyze property operating statements. Create, maintain, and update periodically each property's financial projection model.
- Accurately maintain our forecast and leasing databases based on input from leasing agents, development managers, property management, and asset management.
- Support and ensure accurate accounting during month-end and quarter-end close for the region’s portfolio.
- Prepare quarterly forecasts, management reports and variance analyses, and financial updates for the region’s portfolio of properties.
- Assist in preparation of financial analyses for Investment Committee memoranda.
- Assist in testing system migrations and validating reports.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and special projects as requested.
- 4-6 years of work experience, ideally in a FP&A role for a public company or a combination of real estate, finance, and/or accounting, CPA preferred
- Familiarity with retail and office lease structures, a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required with coursework in business, real estate, finance, and/or accounting
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, experience with Argus Enterprise, highly desired
- Excellent planning and analytical skills (financial, problem solving, critical thinking, and excel modeling)
- Solid understanding of accounting and financial valuation concepts (financial ratios, IRR, NPV, etc.)
- Proven self-starter with strong time management skills and the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Keen attention to accuracy and detail while under tight deadlines
- Must be a team player with the proven ability to work effectively in teams
- Excellent reporting, interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills
Gillian Executive Search, Inc. is a leader in Retail Finance and Accounting Searches.
Call: Kipp Gillian | Gillian Executive Search, Inc. | 866-600-0437 x1