SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER, RETAIL CONSTRUCTION
Our Client is a full service privately held commercial and multi-family real estate investment company operating open air retail centers, offices and apartments throughout Southern and Northern California.
Our real estate development client has an opportunity for a seasoned Senior Project Manager of Retail Construction. The successful candidate must have strong experience with construction in a retail development environment. This position will be responsible for the management and coordination of all assigned projects. The Sr. Project Manager is the liaison between client, the tenants, and the tenants’ architects, consultants, and contractors, throughout the planning & construction process of the assigned project. When applying for this opportunity please include a list of retail construction jobs you have managed at the bottom of your resume.
- Manage all 3rd party architecture, general contracting and engineering firms contracted with the owner on the master development phase of each project.
- Responsible for “driving” the completion of the construction document, permitting and construction phases to ensure landlords objectives and milestones are maintained to achieve “best possible” rent commencement dates for all projects as assigned.
- Manage and coordinate construction projects from conceptual estimating through project close out on new and existing retail project buildings throughout a specified region.
- Ensure coordination of all assigned projects with appropriate Our real estate development client departments, consultants, tenants, and 3rd party managers.
- Spearheads and coordinates conceptual estimations for lease budgetary purposes.
- Drafts and Reviews construction exhibits upon request by Leasing or Legal.
- Review and approve Landlord and Tenant construction drawings to ensure compliance with Lease, budget, schedule and design requirements. Ensure landlord’s work letter obligations are captured in shell documents and completed in anticipation of tenant delivery.
- Responsible for the regular reporting of status for all work in process
- Responsible for contracting, oversight and timely delivery of all new lease required Landlord’s work
- Responsible for coordinating directly with Legal, Leasing, Asset Management and Development to ensure that lease language and terms of delivery are reasonable and achievable.
- Troubleshoots design and construction issues as they arise. Ensure the team is acting timely to resolve issues.
- Provide training, oversight and management for tenant coordinators, as required, to ensure established policies and procedures are maintained.
- Provide scheduling and planning information to appropriate Our real estate development client departments as required.
- Manage all other landlord vendors to ensure they are properly integrated into master schedule.
- Provide monthly budget forecasts to communicate projected final costs to management.
• 15 plus years construction and/or project management experience
• Experience with development or redevelopment of retail properties
• Degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering or related construction management degree
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential
• Strong computer skills (MS Office) required. Preference for applicants with AutoCAD skills.
Primarily requires sitting at workstation or desk. Repetitive upper body motion, open office environment, soft and hard surface flooring. Telephone and computer usage required. Good audio capacity. Contact with general office equipment, including copiers and computers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, carry, grasp, reach, stoop, crouch, bend, kneel, lift, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand and walk extensively.
Good audio capacity. While performing duties, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
Our real estate development client is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
GILLIAN EXECUTIVE SEARCH, leaders in Retail Construction Management recruiting and more.