RETAIL LEASING MANAGER
This position has been filled.
Our client develops, owns and operates community-oriented shopping centers, hospitality and multifamily properties throughout southern california. Their expertise covers a broad range of areas including pioneering concepts, creating the right merchandise mix, delivering seamless construction projects and maintaining ownership and management. For nearly 50 years, they have been shaping communities by consistently delivering innovative, high-profile projects. They are proud of their strong national reputation built through their commitment to enriching the communities they serve and focus on building key relationships with neighbors, retailers and project partners.
This position will help lead the leasing charge with the Vice President of Development. The position will also be introduced to more development activity than usual for a leasing manager.
• Assist in new tenant identification and qualification which will include researching, cold-calling and canvassing prospects with an emphasis on the fashion industry
• Negotiate Letters of Intent and new lease/renewal agreements with retailers; prepare letters and agreements through coordination with the Legal department
• Proactively develop a systematic approach to prospecting and maintaining current retailer database for existing and future available space
• Create relationships within the industry through on going networking at leasing events including local broker events, ICSC events, retailer meetings
• Understanding of the local real estate market and current trends
• Qualify prospective tenants and proposed space uses; obtain financial, reference and background information for tenants and have the ability to interact with a diverse group of people.
• Promote properties and available space through canvassing of local retailers and marketing to national retailers, attending conferences and local events
• Prepare and process letters of intent, lease proposal forms, leasing commission agreement
• Develop marketing and leasing plans for properties including income projections, plans to exploit strengths and overcome weaknesses of the property, occupancy, tenant mix analysis, prospective tenants and market rates
• Four-year degree highly preferred
• 5-12 years of shopping center leasing experience with emphasis on strip centers
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; experience in JD Edwards helpful
• Must have extensive local market knowledge
• Sales oriented role
• Outgoing personality/ a “People” person
• Able to handle a demanding schedule
• Flexible travel
• Coachable with a positive, can do spirit
• Works well under pressure and can bring deals to closure
GILLIAN EXECUTIVE SEARCH, leaders in Retail Development recruiting and more.
Contact: Kipp Gillian | President | 866-600-0437 x1