SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER, CONSTRUCTION & TENANT SERVICES
This position has been filled.
Our Client is currently hiring a Senior Project Manager, Construction and Tenant Services to work at our corporate location in Rockville, MD. The Senior Project Manager, Construction and Tenant Services manages and coordinates projects within the company’s portfolio of mixed-use properties, clarifying the deliverables required to achieve the project expectations and proposing and implementing the steps necessary to meet or exceed those expectations. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the strategic planning and execution of all projects to facilitate the process from LOI through Delivery of Possession and project closeout. Projects are of a complex nature including, but not limited to, anchor tenant landlord’s work letter and delivery negotiations, tenant coordination activities typically associated with building expansions, existing space reconfiguration studies, and other projects as initiated by other departments within the company, but requiring execution by tenant coordination. The Senior Project Manager is the liaison between the company, the tenant, and the tenant’s architects, consultants, and contractors, throughout the planning and construction process.
- Drives the landlord and tenant design, permitting and construction process to ensure achievement of “best possible” rent commencement dates for all projects as assigned.
- Acts as the primary contact with the tenant throughout the duration of the project.
- Ensures that all lease required documentation and conditions for Delivery of Possession are achieved at the earliest possible date.
- Proactively performs all tasks related to gathering information required by leasing to market tenant spaces.
- Manages and coordinates construction projects from conceptual estimating through project close out on new and existing retail project buildings throughout a specified region.
- Ensures coordination of all assigned projects with appropriate company departments, consultants, tenants, and third party managers.
- Spearheads and coordinates conceptual estimates and schedules as requested.
- Drafts and reviews construction exhibits upon request by Leasing or Legal.
- Reviews and approves landlord and tenant construction drawings to ensure compliance with lease, budget, schedule and design requirements.
- Regularly reports the status for all work in progress.
- Responsible for contracting, oversight and timely delivery of all new lease required landlord’s work.
- Directly coordinates with Legal, Leasing, Asset Management and Development to ensure that lease language and terms of delivery are reasonable and achievable.
- Troubleshoots design and construction issues as they arise.
- Provides scheduling and planning information to appropriate departments, as required.
- 7+ years’ tenant coordination and/or project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Proven success with managing the development or redevelopment of multi-tenant retail properties of varying sizes and complexities, mixed-use preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the proven ability to regularly communicate with key stakeholders to achieve project goals
- Strong working knowledge of architectural drawings and furniture and space planning concepts
- Highly organized with solid analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with the demonstrated ability to interact with external and internal clients as well as external team members
- Demonstrated success in managing complex teams
- Proven ability to manage all aspects of construction projects effectively and efficiently including, but not limited to budgeting, scheduling, submittals, and change orders
- Demonstrated success in managing all types/sizes of projects of varying complexities
- Strong computer skills (MS Office) required; AutoCAD and graphics kills, preferred
Salary Range: 125k to 140k Plus up to 20% performance bonus.
GILLIAN EXECUTIVE SEARCH, leaders in Retail Construction Management, Architecture, Development and more related to the CRE industry.
Contact: Kipp Gillian | President | 866-600-0437 x1