PROJECT MANAGER in Retail & Hospitality Construction
This position is closed.
As a Project Manager with our client, a nationally recognized general contractor, you will have the authority to drive successful project results, moving your projects from preconstruction through final closeout in the safest manner possible while maintaining the highest quality standards. The Project Manager will primarily manage hospitality and shopping mall development and projects.
You Will Have The Opportunity To:
- Ensure all safety compliance and quality programs are being executed on the project site. Safety is one of our core values.
- Actively participate in bidding and pre-construction services.
- Represent the company as the client’s primary contact. Openly and confidently communicate with all other parties involved with the project, establishing trust and rapport with owners, architects, engineers, and subcontractors.
- Manage the performance of the professional support personnel on the project site. This typically includes a Project Engineer or Assistant Project Manager, Field Superintendents, and administrative staff.
- Maintain strict control over the budget and keep project on schedule, ensuring ongoing profitability.
- Execute subcontracts and purchase orders, and approve subcontractor invoices and change requests. Negotiate contract changes with the client. Complete close-out requirements for projects and collect final payment.
- Mentor and train Project Engineers and Assistant Project Managers to ensure their ongoing career growth and development.
- Implement new ideas. Be an active member and leader within the Graycor Construction Company, actively participating in committees, make recommendations for new initiatives, and embrace new policies related to Safety, Quality, Continuous Improvement Programs, Lean Construction, and Zero Punch Lists.
To Be Successful in This Role, You Will Need:
- A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant construction operations experience working in retail construction, specifically on shopping mall development projects. Prior hospitality project experience is also a plus.
- A bachelor degree, preferably in construction management, engineering or a related field.
- The ability to travel extensively. Our projects are located across the US, so it is crucial that you have the ability and willingness to travel to project sites as needed.
- The desire to succeed. Our best Project Managers are strong leaders—self-starters who drive excellence and meet high standards.
- Effective communication skills to motivate your team, delegate tasks, and present proposals to clients with competence and confidence.
- The fortitude to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Multi-tasking with a sense of urgency while maintaining strong attention to detail and accuracy is crucial.
- Ability to construct a critical path project schedule using scheduling software. We use Primavera v6.
Why Build with Our Client's Growing, Dynamic Team?
Building Your Future is How We Build Ours. Our Client seeks out those with the highest potential and provide an empowering environment with tools that allow you to take ownership in your career development.
Stability Means Staying Ahead of the Curve. They are committed to continuous improvement and reinvesting in evolving technologies. To ensure stability, we have a diversified project portfolio in a broad range of niche markets nationwide.
We Are Family. This is why Our Client has an intense commitment to Safety. They want to make sure that every member of their team goes home each day to their families. Our family-owned company also sponsors wellness and charitable events, casual employee get-togethers, lunch and learns, and other fun social events.
Our Greatest Asset? Our Name. Reputation is grown over time. Our client's dedication to their people and building trust has enabled them to cultivate long-term relationships with their clients, partners, and each other.
GILLIAN EXECUTIVE SEARCH, leaders in Retail Construction Management and Superintendent recruiting.
Contact: Kipp Gillian | President | 866-600-0437 x1