SUPERINTENDENT in Retail Construction
This position is closed.
As a Superintendent with our client, a nationally respected General Contractor, you will direct and oversee all daily activities of the jobsite, managing subcontractors and labor for commercial retail and shopping mall construction projects.
You will ensure that the work is performed in a safe and organized manner, complying with the quality program and the initial specifications. Essentially, your job is to guarantee the company’s commitment to building the right way, and by the most cost-effective means while maintaining or improving the schedule.
You Will Have the Opportunity To:
- Implement all safety policies and quality programs, ensuring strong performance on safety audits. Safety is one of our core priorities.
- Manage the activities of subcontractors, vendors and labor, maintaining strict control over the accuracy and quality for each work activity. Plan look-ahead schedules, maintain project schedule controls
- Identify and report problems or deficiencies to the Project Manager. Document on-site activities that may impede progress or compliance to project/contract requirements.
- Review change orders with the Project Manager prior to execution. Miscellaneous purchases with Project Manager’s approval. Review subcontract agreements. Maintain strict control over the budget for each work activity. Coordinate receipt of and inventory of all Owner supplied materials.
- Assist in preparation of project status reports. Provide status and photos weekly. Provide complete daily reports to the Project Manager.
- Maintain open communication and goodwill with the Owner's representative by coordinating pertinent work activities, attending project progress/scheduling meetings and by understanding the client’s expectations.
To Be Successful in this Role, You Will Need:
- A minimum of five (5) years of construction experience as a Superintendent experience working in various commercial retail and shopping mall construction projects.
- Capability of maintaining and following a Critical Path project schedule.
- A thorough understanding of and ability to maintain current, complete set of project documents, blueprints, revisions, specifications and related items.
- The desire to succeed. Our best Superintendents are strong leaders—self-starters who drive excellence and meet high standards, striving for zero punch lists.
- The fortitude to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Multi-tasking with a sense of urgency while adhering to established guidelines, policies, and specifications is crucial.
- General computer skills, willingness to expand use of new technologies for scheduling and reports.
Why Build with our client’s Growing, Dynamic Team?
Building Your Future is How We Build Ours. Our client seeks out those with the highest potential and provide an empowering environment with tools that allow you to take ownership in your career development.
Stability Means Staying Ahead of the Curve. Our client is committed to continuous improvement and reinvesting in evolving technologies. To ensure stability, we have a diversified project portfolio in a broad range of niche markets nationwide.
We Are Family. They have an intense commitment to Safety. Our client wants to make sure that every member of their team goes home each day to their families. Our client is a family-owned company also sponsors wellness and charitable events, casual employee get-togethers, lunch and learns, and other fun social events.
Our Greatest Asset? Our Name. Reputation is grown over time. Our dedication to our people and building trust has enabled us to cultivate long-term relationships with each other, our clients, and our partners.
GILLIAN EXECUTIVE SEARCH, leaders in Retail Construction Management and Superintendent recruiting.
Contact: Kipp Gillian | President | 866-600-0437 x1