Our client is a fun, creative and energetic group of developers and builders of luxury restaurants, hotels and mixed use projects. They’re so focus is Hollywood California. They’re cutting edge in what they do and one lucky candidate will find themselves in the middle of some of the most exciting real estate projects in Hollywood arena. Could this be you? As of today they have over ½ Billion in new developments including 1,200 new hotel rooms.
Support to the Project Management team by assisting in the preparation of an accurate and comprehensive estimate of the amounts of materials, equipment, and labor necessary for the construction of a project.
The Estimator is responsible for assisting in the bidding, estimating and purchasing activities of the company. More specific duties include:
- Review plans and specification requirements for construction.
- Mark up plans to identify specific work activities.
- Prepare subcontractor scope of work letters.
- Perform basic general estimating duties such as quantity take offs, data input, and preparing RFI’s for plan discrepancies, constructability issues, and time problems.
- Conduct subcontractor solicitation and negotiations –prepare bid invitations, solicit and instruct subcontractors, perform in person review of documents and scope of work, coordinate, copy, assemble and shop bid documents for specific trades
- File, ship, and process project data information.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Solid math skills and basic ability to read blueprints are required
- Excellent computer skills
- College degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering is preferred
- Approximately 5 years of construction experience and construction estimating preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. But our client pays well.