PROJECT MANAGER, COMMERCIAL & INDUSTRIAL CONSTRUCTION
JOB TITLE: Construction Project Manager Manager
BUSINESS UNIT: Ground Up Core and Shell
OFFICE LOCATION: South Los Angeles County, California.
EXPERIENCE LEVEL:minimum 10 years as construction project manager for commercial office / industrial projects
The Construction Manager will provide leadership and direction of the management and supervision of the construction of commercial office, industrial and warehouse properties. Projects should be completed within a timely manner (on schedule) and within a defined cost (on budget). The Construction Manager’s responsibilities include but are not limited to design oversight, estimating, buy-out, contract negotiations, scheduling, consultant management, maintaining budgets, reporting for new and existing commercial and retail projects. Additional responsibilities may include a supervisory role to field Construction Project Managers, Superintendents, Assistant Project Managers, and Construction Administrative personnel.
• Manage, schedule and coordinate development consultants through the project life cycle (schematic studies, due diligence, design development, construction documents, bidding documents, etc.).
• Lead the project procurement and project teaming formation; qualifying, bidding, negotiating and awarding of contracts.
• Provide timely construction cost estimates for a wide range of projects and assist the client in the preparation of the projects development budgets and proforma studies.
• Establish reporting and managing development schedule.
• Project manage the pre-construction, construction and closeout phase of assigned projects.
• Assist in the management of site plan alternatives, preliminary design studies, tenant construction criteria review, architect and engineer coordination and sign program development and implementation.
• Manage job costs and assist in updates to the project cost control system (on budget).
• Manage contracting process and contract administration with consultants and sub-contractors.
• Development and motivation of assigned staff.
• Leadership in both long term and short term planning for the department and company goals.
• Interact and communicate (collaboration) with Property Management and divisional peers.
TECHNICAL/PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE (Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience)
• Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook, and proficiency in working knowledge of Timberline helpful.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; give clear direction and respond to inquiries.
• Ability to provide exceptional customer service.
• Ability to coordinate projects through planning, organizing, and coordinating tasks.
• Ability to problem-solve.
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to negotiate
• Provide leadership
• Planning & Organizing
• Continuous Improvement
• Developing Talent
• Operational Decision Making
• Technical/Professional Knowledge
Car Allowance/Bonus Potential/Great Benefits
GILLIAN EXECUTIVE SEARCH - Leader in recruiting for commercial office construction and development careers