Well a lot has happened since the closing of 2016. I won’t go into the political realm but I will say that activity has exploded since the end of January. Multifamily has dominated to scene for the past several years. It’s still going strong but is now sharing the stage with other product that has been all too quiet since the recession- Retail and Office. We have seen an impressive surge for junior to mid-level construction project managers on both the owner and general contractor side. Backgrounds in ground up retail and high-rise commercial office renovation are in big demand as well has ground-up and renovation of multifamily. Activity is booming in states like California, Colorado, Oregon, Arizona and Texas.
I’m very excited for project engineers coming out of 3rd part general contracting companies. I haven’t seen career growth opportunities for them in many years and now we are seeing one right after the other. So I’m very excited and very over worked but let’s make hay while the sun is shining.
If you or someone you know is interested in making a change in real estate development, construction management, architecture and supporting industries (finance, accounting, property management) please give me a call today.
Some hot jobs right now:
- Project Manager for extremely strong owner, operator and developer of commercial office properties – Irvine, Ca.
- Senior Project Manager for an amazing retail and mixed use developer – Los Angeles, Ca.
- Project Manager for owner, developer of wineries, hotels and multifamily – Irvine, Ca.
- Project Engineers for multifamily developer – Newport Beach, Ca. (ground up and renovation)
- Affordable Housing Development Managers – Irvine and San Jose, Ca.
- Real Estate Manager (acquisitions) for Retail – Oregon
And many more.
Gillian Executive Search is a recruiting company focused in Commercial Real Estate: Development, Construction Management, Architecture, Property Management, Finance, Accounting, Acquisitions and more!